Paleo

Paleo

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

WTF = Weight the Frack?!?!

I gained 2 pounds.

I realize that that is not a significant amount. And it could just be water, maybe I had a tad too much salt over the weekend.
But dagnammit!!! You mean to tell me I used that bloody treadclimber 3 days, and started that bootcamp, and I couldn't cough, or sneeze, or laugh, or even freakin breathe, without wanting to curl up in a ball and cry all week/weekend.....and I GAINED TWO DANG POUNDS!!! This reminds me that I need a soundproof room in my house...so I can just go in sometimes, and scream, and curse. And neither my family, nor the neighbors will know that I'm insane.

This kinda leads into rant #2 for today.....my husband is an enabler. He's skinny, always has been, always will be. So he eats whateverthehellhewantstothetuneof3000caloriesaday!!! Jerk. 
So this past week he ran across this recipe for Salted Caramel Brownies. A layer of brownie mix, pretzels, another layer of brownie mix. Bake that. Then top with oodles of caramel sauce and sea salt. Are you shitting me? I agreed to let him make them, if he agreed to take 98% of it to work. Thankfully he was happy to do so. Now, he can have a couple of brownies just for home, and I'll take one or two bites, instead of being tempted by a whole tray.

Having said that, however, my options are fairly limited as far as extreme measures to get those dastardly two pounds back off; considering that I have to make foods that are both Hubby, and Pixie friendly. I'm considering having a couple of "raw" days (You've heard of these I assume? Nothing but raw fruits and veggies for a couple days). But...working that around two other people's meal plans is really dang hard, especially when neither one of them willingly eats raw vegetables 90% of the time. So....I'm going to continue working out, and bootcamp, and eating as well as I can...and attempt to plan a couple of raw days for later this week. Then, when I weigh myself next week, I will have dropped those two pounds, and maybe 1-2 more, as a bonus.

So for tonight's dinner, I think we're doing fairly well overall. It does involve cheese, but also cauliflower and various other veggies.
Remember me giving a shout out to Closet Cooking in my Liebster Award post? Well this recipe comes from Kevin's blog, and sounded so amazing, I had to try it!!

Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Dip
Ingredients:
1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tablespoon oil
salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (I use the neufchatel type, which is less fat)
1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (I used Greek yogurt to cut calories/fat)
1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup aged white cheddar, shredded

Directions:
Toss the cauliflower in the oil with salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
Puree everything in a food processor and pour into a baking dish.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the sides are bubbling and the top is lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.

I served this with celery, carrots, zucchini, and bell pepper as dippers. I did slice up a very little bit of crispy boule bread, to satisfy Hubby.
My guesstimate for calories and whatnot (this is for the whole big dish and DOES NOT include the veggie dippers): 
Cal: 1620    Fat: 129   Carbs: 37   Fiber: 11.5   Protein: 82.5   Sugars: 22
I realize those numbers can be quite scary, but this makes a big portion of dip. I ate less than a quarter of what was there!! So, that's not so bad overall....about 270 calories worth of dip for me. Then plus the veggies of course...


No comments:

Post a Comment