Paleo

Paleo

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Everything is Better With Bacon

I would love to say that Sundays are days to be lazy, and in comparison to other days of the week, they are. But I still jave to get up early with little Pixie, feed her, feed me, dishes, laundry, sweep/mop, nap time for her while I do more laundry and vacuum, at some point during the day Hubby has a soccer game, and then Pixie wakes up and has to be kept occupied while I somehow make dinner. So...while they are not quite as chock full as the other six days, I generally prefer to have a somewhat simply prepared meal.
Chicken is definitely a staple meat in our house; yet it can easily get boring if you're not careful. A good solution to this? Why, add bacon! According to Hubby "Everything is better with bacon!" Toss in some homemade sauce, a couple fresh veggies, and cheese of course...and this meal is not at all boring!

MONTEREY CHICKEN
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 C. BBQ sauce ( I make my own, recipe is in the Archive)
1/4 C. chopped bacon
1 C. colby and jack cheese, shredded
1 C. fresh diced tomato
sliced green onions
pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Pound out chicken breasts to flatten (not too thin). Season with pepper. Grill chicken until no longer pink and place on baking sheet covered with foil.
Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon BBQ sauce, 1/4 c. cheese, 1/4 c. tomatoes, green onions and one tablespoon of bacon.
Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).

This goes great with a fresh salad, or some Creamy Cucumbers (also in the archive).
Hubby ate two helpings!

Just a heads up, I am super duper excited for tomorrow's experimental dish! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment