Paleo

Paleo

Monday, July 1, 2013

Wacky Weekends

So, when you have a toddler, most any moment of your life could be classified as wacky...but this last weekend was super wacky!
Saturday was packed full with a family breakfast, a baby shower for a friend, and celebrating my BFF's 30th birthday (WOOO 30)!!!
Sunday, was the eagerly anticipated birthday party for my Pixie (who will be 2 on Thursday)! I handled this birthday better than the 1st birthday party, during which I was extremely emotional and sappy. It is still emotional this year, but I had better control over myself, haha. We'll see how I'm feeling on her actual birthday.

With all of that going on, I obviously didn't cook much. I was too tired and busy wrapping gifts to bother. And yet I still managed to lose a pound, go me!!
As promised, here are many pictures depicting the madness....

BFF's Birthday Dinner
We chose to sit in "The Wine Room" cuz it sounded super snazzy, and really, where else would you sit?!





















Among the many things we ate (Goat Cheese Beignets, Flatbread Pizza, Fondue....) was this lovely and awesome cheese plate...


 And wine flights!! What else do you drink in the "Wine Room" of a wine bar?!

This is just silliness. I'm the one on the right....the one who looks like a serious alcoholic... :-D
 
 


Moving on to less adult matters:
For my Pixie's birthday we did a Rock Star theme, so she got to get all dolled up (stick on tattoos and everything)! 


 We had a salad bar, with both lettuce and Gluten Free pasta. All sorts of toppings, and cheese sauce, for those who couldn't handle the healthy stuff. ;-)


We even had a Rock Star themed cake! Not at all healthy: marble cake, butter cream frosting, and strawberry filling!


Pixie and I dressed to match, and couldn't help just being cheesy together


And when all was said and done....we were pooped (good thing we had the new pillow Grandma made)!!


Phew!! Is it any wonder I had no energy left for cooking?!
A for-real post will come later this evening. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment