Paleo

Paleo

Monday, July 15, 2013

Horrible Blogger

Oh my gosh!! I am the most horrible blogger ever! Haha. I have gotten so far behind on this blog. But, in my defense, I have been incredibly busy!

You'll remember that we just had Pixie's birthday party. Well...then I worked 3 days and we were off to the mountains for Pixie's birthday weekend! We were kept very entertained, and I am still recovering from that, so I haven't posted.
Look how much fun my 4th of July baby had!

She got to get dressed up....



...and worn out!!

 She got spoiled shopping with her grandparents:

Saw her first theater movie (Despicable Me 2):


And spent some time at a local, small-time, amusement park!


She requested a "bew n pink neigh"




But now I am back! ~cue some sort of triumphant sounding music here~
And I have a whole bunch of fun, yummy, healthy meals planned to share with you!
OOH! AND I got new dishes!! I love kitchen stuff...I just wish I had a bigger kitchen to keep it all in...oh well, some day. So anyway...you'll see some pics on different dishes now too haha.

We managed to eat pretty well over the past couple of weeks, I have lost another pound and a half (slowly but surely)! I am hoping to really get back on track now, and see the pounds fall off!
To that tune for weekend catch up: we've been grilling again (because that's a lot of what Summer is about, remember?).
Hubby really likes to get his "manly meals" with a red meat fix...so I played with burgers.
Have I mentioned that I like spicy foods? Like I think I could have possibly been bottle fed hot sauce or something, I love it that much! Hubby has not always been a fan; in fact, when we started dating, he could barely handle spicy foods at all. Of course, I knew this needed to be remedied ASAP, or we were never going to make it. ;-)  I am pleased to say, that nowadays, he enjoys the spice just as much as I do, although sometimes not in as large a quantity. Plus...spicy things like cayenne, jalapenos, and others are proven to be very good for you! Help keep your system clean. Double bonus!
So anyway....burgers. And spiciness. Enter....jalapeno burgers. "But, everyone knows all about jalapeno burgers" you might say....NOT TRUE!! Thanks to a little inspiration from Kevin at Closet Cooking...I bring you (DA DA DA DAAAA): Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers!
Holy cow! You read that right! Make them...eat them...you know you really really wanna!

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Ingredients:
4 jalapeno peppers
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 pound ground beef
salt and pepper to taste
8 strips bacon
4 slices cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns
4 leaves lettuce
4 slices onion
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
(optional: 8 slices of avocado)

Directions:
Grill the jalapenos over medium-high heat (turning regularly) until charred all over, about 6-8 minutes.
Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
Pinch the skins off of the peppers, cut in half and remove the seeds.
Dice 2 of the jalapeno peppers and mix into the cream cheese.
Divide the beef into 8 equal portions, form into patties, place 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on 4 of them, top with the free patties, pinch the sides closed to seal and form into patties again.
Season the patties with salt and pepper to taste and wrap each with 2 strips of bacon.
Brush the grill with oil and grill the burgers over medium-high heat until cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side, topping each patty with a slice of cheese after flipping.
Assemble burgers with toppings (including avocado if desired).
Roll eyes at the sheer deliciousness!

Without Buns (or avocados):
Calories 1880    Fat 120    Sodium 2475    Carbs 15    Sugars 11    Protein 149

I only ate one burger, without a bun, so about 470 calories for me. I burnt that in my lunchtime workout, so this meal didn't count ;-)
Also....my bad...but these smelled and looked so good, we just dug in right away. I realized I forgot to take pics when I had about 2 bites left so....use your imagination!! lol

 
I love getting a good deal. I'd be an extreme couponer if I wasn't lazy :-D  But I still do clip coupons, and add the electronic ones to my store card, and I always always buy stuff on sale!!
So....as I was meandering my way through Safeway on Saturday, I noticed Sirloin steaks on sale. Knowing how Hubby loves his red meat, I decided to spoil him by getting them.Then....I hit the seafood section. Snow Crab leg clusters for $5.99 a pound?! Very nice! Then...lo and behold...if you have the coupon on your card....$4.99 a pound!!!! Well, I didn't have the coupon, but I do have the Safeway app on my phone; so I immediately added it to my card. So yeah...we had the most amazing steaks and crab legs (2.25 pounds worth) for dinner last night! I know you're jealous, its ok, the pictures will just make it worse! Hahahaha.













No comments:

Post a Comment