Paleo

Paleo

Monday, February 18, 2013

Here Fishy Fishy

Big glaring problem #1 (to my eyes):
We simply do not eat enough fish. Sure, we take fish oil supplements, but why do that instead of eating the real thing?! I'll tell you why...fish tastes fishy. Plain and simple. And often that taste is a turn off for the whole dish. However, in my many years (relative to whatever age you admit you are) of cooking, I have learned that light, white fish, are the least fishy tasting. Tilapia, cod, haddock, sole. You get the idea.

Tonight, thanks to Ms. Rachel Ray (who's cooking I do adore), we are having a very Paleo friendly fish dish! Her recipe can be found here: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/five-ingredient-recipes/parmesan-crusted-tilapia
and I simply mimicked it! It was extremely simple to prepare, it looks nice, and tastes great! I would hold back a little on the salt, and possibly add some garlic, as the paprika is a little overwhelming on its own.
We ate it with some fresh, steamed sugar snap peas. They required no seasoning, as they were heavenly on their own!
A simple, fast, Paleo meal (remember I include cheese on my Paleo friendly list), that even beginner cooks could make!

Sadly, my 19 month old daughter (who shall henceforth be referred to as Pixie), did not find the fish as tasty as my husband and I did. She stuck with her Mac and Cheese and banana (hey...Paleo is still a major work in progress with her).

Now...some of my pictures are a tad dark, I think the foil played into that, forgive me.

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
4 tilapia fillets (about 1 pound total)
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a shallow dish, combine the cheese with the paprika and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and dredge in the cheese mixture. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until the fish is opaque in the thickest part, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve the fish with the lemon wedges.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I've been feeding my teenage girls fish since they were toddlers. Pixie will to:)

    ReplyDelete